Wolfdancer Golf Club Lost Pines, TX
“On most golf courses, an architect is lucky to have a desirable golf environment in which to create distinct golf holes. At Wolfdancer, we had three: a high open prairie with long panoramic views, a forested and rumpled ridgeline and lower valley along the Colorado River.”
Golf Advisor: “Top 50 U.S. Courses” (2016)
Golfweek Magazine: “Best Courses to Play in Texas #10” (2017), “Top 100 Resort Courses” (2009-2010)
Golf Magazine: “The Top 10 you Can Play” (2006)
Located at the Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort, Wolfdancer Golf Club is known as one of the Austin-area’s upscale resort courses. According to Golfweek’s golf course rankings, Wolfdancer G.C. is among the top golf courses in Texas.
While working for Arthur Hills, Chris Wilczynski was the lead designer and project manager of the Wolfdancer course and relished the landscape they had to work with. Described as “one of the most rewarding projects he’s ever worked on”, Chris attributes that to “a great client and an amazing piece of property.”
- Wolfdancer Golf Club features over 120 ft. of elevation change, and holes #17 and #18 that play along the banks of the Colorado River.
- 13-acre practice facility with a multi-functional short game area.
- Multiple tee system playing from 7205 to 4953 yards.
- Holes 1 – 9 play mostly along the high prairie, and some of the holes are on wide open high ground that feature beautiful and panoramic views of the Texas Hill country.
- 3, named “All of Texas,” is a strong and dramatic par 5 of 603 yards. The views from the tee are striking!
- The par-3 12th hole, a testy 155-yard downhill shot of 35’ plays to a small green perched along the ridgeline edge.