Indian Trails Golf Club Grand Rapids, MI
Indian Trails, an 88-year-old municipal golf course in Grand Rapids, MI underwent a significant renovation led by Chris Wilczynski, that including a new driving range and short game practice facility on the 90-acre property to help generate additional revenue for the city.
The plan was implemented in 2015-2016 and eliminated three original holes to make room for a new, state-of-the-art practice facility, while retrofitting the existing golf course to replace the eliminated holes.
Practice Facility Highlights
- 30 hitting stations on TurfHound artificial turf – a product which employs advanced technology to replicate natural fairway turf conditions and has been installed at many of America’s finest private golf courses.
- Multiple target greens within the practice range.
- Three short game greens that can be used for putting or chipping.
- Four practice bunkers designed to present a wide variety of bunker shots.
- Seven renovated holes including five new greens.