Red Hawk Golf Club East Tawas, MI
“The property is beautiful, and the course design is strategic, interesting, varied, fun and memorable!”
- Golf Digest: “Top 100 Greatest Public golf Courses” (2005 – 2008)
- Golf Magazine: “Top 10 You Can Play” – Honorable Mention (2000)
Red Hawk Golf Club was the first project Chris worked on as a Design Associate with Arthur Hills. A diamond in the rough, the golf course was laid over the natural landforms of the property and features some of the most diverse terrain on Michigan’s sunrise side. Red Hawk is a true gem, and the course reflects the traditional values and style of golf architecture from the 1920’s.
- 18-hole public golf course that opened in 1999.
- Red Hawk course measures from 6,515 to 4,812 yards with 4 sets of tees.
- The golf course was carved out of the woods of a former hunting camp.
- Total course construction cost of $1.3 million (1998).
- The property and course feature 120’ of elevation change.
- Bold, grass-faced bunkers that are set at strategic angles to the intended line of play.
- Four short strategic par 4’s (Holes #2, #4, #9 and #15).
- Only one water feature on the entire course (between holes #10 and #11).